Third Place: Advanced Light Source User Poster Competition

Hi all,

This past Monday, I presented at the annual Advanced Light Source poster competition. It was lots of fun missing school and spending the day going to talks about the future of this user facility. I first wanted to congratulate Natalie Larson for winning first prize, her poster was awesome! Instead of presenting a poster about my virtual reality data visualization tool, I decided to do a live demo, which won third place. I had a great time getting feedback on what I need to improve but overall people really liked it. I wanted to thank Dula Parkinson, and Ron Pandolfi for all there help and support in making this tool.

Rodger Falcone, Director of the Advanced Light Source trying VR Data Visualization tool
Linda Horton, Division Director for Materials Sciences and Engineering at the Dept. of Energy, trying VR Data Visualization tool for the first time

Comments

  1. Is there any way to document what the experience was like?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

VR at Lick Wilmerding: Idea Generation + VR Basics

Meetings With Teachers

How to set up the vive